A7 - Performance Art





I made a pseudo battery pack out of an old delivery box I found and glued a bunch of stray cords to it. I also found an old pair of safety goggles that I thought would make for a nice touch with little twitter logos in them. I forgot to get some more progress pictures, but I wound up writing "technology rules us all" across the back of the box, and painting some wires down my face and chest to make it look more complete. 


The saddest part was I had an antenna that was supposed to come out of the back of it, but the old RC car controller I was using wouldn't adhere to the box correctly. I decided to just make up for it by tangling myself in some of the stray wires instead. I think that looked cooler in the end anyway. 



My original plan for this piece was to simply make the costume and sit still in the downtown for a while. However, the day I got there, there weren't that many people walking around. Instead I figured it'd probably get more attention if I walked around for a little while. I didn't get reactions from a whole lot of individual people, but there were a decent amount of people in cars who looked at me. (Although you can't really catch that on a grungy iphone camera). Excuse some of the wobbly footage. My mother had to be the camera guy, and she had no idea what she was doing. 

Comments

  1. Love the amount of effort you put into it! The costume and idea was great, even if you didn't get a lot of attention from it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this was a great idea! The costume and makeup were outstanding! I would have loved to see this at a festival like "VooDoo Fest" in New Orleans.

    Great Job!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts