A2 - Camera Obscura

It's been raining on and off the past few days making the windows dewy. I tried to work with this to see if it'd create any kind of wavy effect.

 

The creation process wasn't all that exciting. I only had one window in the room to cover up, and I slid a pillow under the door so it'd block the crack of light coming from the common area. The garbage bags still had a little bit of light coming through, but it was enough to start showing results.


I'm sure the examples online were all done with professional and larger lenses. All I had to work with in the lense department was half a pair of reading glasses. Because of this, there wasn't anything too spectacular to report. Even when I moved the lense around and waited for brighter sunlight, the result was mostly the same. Although, I could clearly see the tops of the trees and a bit of the building behind it, so it does in fact work. My phone camera is absolutely abysmal in the dark, so it doesn't look like much of anything, and you'll kind of have to take my word for it.



The dew didn't seem to do much of it except maybe make it a bit harder for the light to fully stream in. All in all, it was interesting to see the results, but I was expecting something a bit more exciting. Maybe when I have some time on my own I'll consider redoing the project for cleaner results. 

Comments

Popular Posts