FINAL - Video Project



I wanted to make my project about something that's actually important to me. Some of the sample projects that looked like stock horror movies were nice, but they didn't get much of a point across. I'm not saying mine is better by any means, because I'm not great with video editing at all. Hopefully, my intended message is at least somewhat clear in what I've produced. 

I've always been interested in comedy, specifically political comedy. I feel like comedians can bring a new light to issues that more serious news sources just tend to gloss over. Plus, it makes the important news actually interesting when normally it would be a bore to sit through. Despite this, ever since our current president took office, it seems like comedic is the only slant we have hitting the mainstream. Everyone's so keen on making fun of him - because he's so easy to make fun of - that they seem to be glossing over the actual things he's doing. Horrible actions of his will trend on twitter for about a week and a half before they're added to the pile. It seems that everyone is just exhausted at this point, and unwilling to actually think back on everything that's happened.

Although comedic shows like SNL and late night shows do good work getting info to the public, their slant and bias is becoming obvious. Most of the jokes are just at the expense of the president, and again, the important news is swept under the rug. Even the most politically vocal of my own friends have fallen silent in recent months because of how tiring it all seems. No one wants to talk about it anymore, so they've all just resorted to watching it happen. As if we're living in a reality TV show or some kind of sitcom. Like we're all drowning in noise.

There's nothing wrong with turning your brain off once and a while and just laughing. It does bother me that people's laughter is being turned to mock the people affected by these problems.

Comments

  1. I like how SNL's Alec Baldwin seems to taunt Donald Trump, even though he is a jerk most of the time. It is funny.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts